The following includes my major industrial project experience:
(Jul. 2003 - May. 2007) Mobility R&D, Bell Laboratories, Lucent Technologies
1. AnyPath messaging complex system
- Researcher, Designer, Team Leader, Feature Leader, System Engineer, Developer & Tester AnyPath is the Lucent Technologies messaging platform designed to provide a complete range of unified communications. I led a team on the research, design and development of the following features.
- China/TTC ISUP features (Chinese/TTC variants of ISUP)
- CLI feature (Calling number shown in SMPP notification)
- SMPP/CMPP/SGIP/SMGP feature (Different variants of Chinese SMPP)
- Single Point Code feature (Integration of two point codes in ss7 signaling network as one for AnyPath and Video Gateway)
- PSI feature (Addition of Public Service Identity for AnyPath in IMS4.0 Network)
2. RMT - Designer, Developer & Tester
Remote Maintenance Tool (RMT) is a tool used to develop, install, configure, bring up, test, diagnose, and maintain a BTS (CDMA/EVDO/UMTS) in both Online and Offline mode. It is critical for timely development, manufacturing, and deployment of Lucent CDMA Cell and UMTS NodeB, especially critical for new dynamic platforms.
- IMA (Inverse multiplexing over ATM) feature which is to configure and maintain the T1/E1 links for IMA
3. MGC (Media Gateway Controller) Simulation Tools - Researcher, Designer, Developer, Coordinator & Tester This project provided a comprehensive H.248 based MGC simulator capable of controlling any H.248 based Media Gateway (MGW), in conjunction with a suite of Bearer Data Tool (BDTs) for driving and testing a MGW (Cisco MGX8850). All the BDTs are voice-generating tools under control of MGC simulator call agent, which essentially is a script-driving state machine.
- Designed and developed MGCsim which is a simulator of MGC. TCP-based socket simulates RANAP, which serves as the call agent with a H.248 protocol stack.
- Designed and developed ATM BDT which is based on AMR (CSD)/IuUP/AAL2/ATM (for traffic) and ALCAP/STC.1/MTP-3b/SSCF-NNI/SSCOP/AAL5/ATM (for signaling) to simulate the Iu-CS interface between RNC and MGW. IuUP was implemented in SuSE Linux kernel.
- Designed and implemented IP BDT to test the interface of PCM7.11/RTP/UDP/IP.
- Designed and implemented TDM BDT which is based on socket with T1 connection with MGW to test the interface PCM/T1.
(Dec. 2001 - Apr. 2003) R&D department, Dalian Insurance Social Company
The Reorganization and Upgrade of Enterprise Network based on AS/400 for Dalian Social Insurance Company - Researcher, Project Leader, Designer & Developer This research project was to expand and upgrade the existing enterprise network of Dalian Social Insurance Company to enhance security and to introduce E-commerce system.
- The upgrade of this enterprise network includes a newly-built, digital network which is almost isolated from the operation network.
- A distributed database system was built by means of FR, which ensures the synchronization and auto-updating among the many DB2/400 databases and some SQL Server 2000 databases distributed in different locations in Dalian.
- Optimization of the insurance databases.
(Jun. 2001 - Dec. 2001) Information Center, Liaohe Oil Field Co. Ltd
- Research, design, and implementation of B/S and C/S systems for services management.
- Working in the R&D department of this company as a software engineer in a part-time way, involving projects of voice messaging systems, networking systems, and banking systems etc.