Mr. Haiyan Luo is a Ph.D. candidate of Computer Engineering at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL). He has been a teaching assistant since 2007 and has taught a variety of courses. He also has been worked in the iUbiComp Lab as a research assistant under the advising of Dr. Song Ci. In the past few years, he has successfully completed several research projects including moving object segmentation, multimedia communications over wireless networks and P2P video streaming. His current research interests include large-scale system, distributed networking technologies, service-oriented architecture, quality-driven cross-layer optimized wireless multimedia transmission. Mr. Luo has an excellent publication record, with more than 15 papers being published / accepted by internationally well-known journals or conferences.
Something about Mr. Luo:
- He has 3+ years of teaching experience at the University.
- He has rich industry experience with 5+ years of professional software development experience in the cutting-edge telecom giant Lucent Technologies.
- He is one of the few recipients of Outstanding Graduate Student Fellowship and Milton E. Mohr Award at the university level.
- He is very strong at Unix C/C++, large-scale software design and development, design patterns, network programming, protocol stack development etc.
- He has great communications skills and proven track record of good teamwork spirit.
Industrial Project Experience:
AnyPath Messaging Suite
Simulation Tools development for UMTS Media Gateway (Cisco MGX 8850)
Dalian Social Insurance Mangement Information System
Research Project Experience:
Video Content Analysis
Multimedia Communications Over Wireless Networks
P2P video streaming